Terrazzo has been around a long time. In fact, it was discovered accidently when artists in Italy were sweeping leftover stone and glass from mosaics they were creating and found that it made an excellent material.
There are many different stones that can go into Terrazzo stone, including marble, glass chips, granite, and quartz. Those pieces are typically then set in some type of concrete binder, though there are other options such as acrylic binders or stone chips. However, no matter what it may look like, most care tips for this type of stone are the same as the care tips for marble. If your Terrazzo stone is need of repair, cleaning, or maintenance, then you should reach out to Fuller Stone Care for comprehensive services.
We offer a number of services for Terrazzo stone
There are many services available to you for your Terrazzo stone and Fuller Stone Care is happy to offer them all. First of all, we can help with your cleaning needs. It’s true that this material is relatively low maintenance, but it does need to be cleaned on a weekly basis with a special cleaning product. We can offer that product to you.
We can also do occasional deep cleanings and power washings. Some companies may not be able to use a pressure washer on such a delicate stone, but we have unique equipment that’s safe when used at a low pressure.
If you need to seal your Terrazzo stone, then we can help with that too. It’s true that it may look as though it’s a hard surface, but in reality it’s a pretty porous material. If it’s not properly sealed, it can absorb liquids and can be stained. We use a high-quality sealant that leaves it both less absorbent and easier to clean.
Most of the time, Terrazzo will resist scratching but there may be occasional etching issues. If you do need it polished, contact Fuller Stone Care at 855-205-0972. We use a state of the art process for grinding and polishing that results in a finish that you’ll love – and that will last for years to come.
How to take care of your Terrazzo stone
While we’re always happy to come out and revitalize your stone, there are also a few tips that you can follow on your own. They include:
- Never leave liquids to soak in, especially if it’s an acidic or oily liquid.
- Sealer your stone and then reseal it every few years.
- Keep doormats inside and out to pick up dirt, grit, sand, and other substances that can be abrasive to your stone.
- Don’t steal Terrazzo stone that isn’t clean and dry.
- Don’t wax it. This can make the surface extremely slippery while making the stone look dull. Polishing and sealing is the best way to make your floor look shiner.
- Don’t use cleaners that are acidic or abrasive. Keep an eye out for pH products that are made specifically for stone.
If you have questions about how to take care of your Terrazzo stone, you can always reach out to Fuller Stone Care at 855-205-0972.