Interior Limestone Maintenance Requires Regular and Deliberate Care
If you have limestone used in your home, then you must take steps daily to keep it in top shape. If you have limestone used outside your home, then you must care for it to prevent damage, algae, mildew, and other issues. At Fuller Stone Care we are happy to provide you with the following maintenance tips. However, we can also set up a regular maintenance schedule to keep it in top shape ourselves. contact us at 855-205-0972 to learn more.
Daily Steps Required to Maintain Interior Limestone
If you have interior limestone then the following should be done a daily basis:
- Mop up spills as soon as you see them to avoid etching or staining. Remember that standing water of any amount can leave a stain in a very short amount of time.
- Dust mop your limestone floors to get rid of fine grit. This helps prevent scratching.
- Use doormats inside and outside to reduce the likelihood of grit or dirt being tracked onto your limestone floor.
- Do not put anything hot or wet directly on the stone.
- Have your limestone sealed at least once a year.
- Do not use any cleaner that is not made specifically for limestone. Most importantly, never use an abrasive or acidic cleaner on limestone.
Do You Need Deeper Maintenance Services? Contact Us Now for a Free Quote
No matter how diligent you are in keeping your limestone free from dust and grit, no matter how quickly you clean up a spill, you will likely eventually need professional maintenance services. We can provide a full line of maintenance at Fuller Stone Care. We will come up with a unique plan based on your specific needs but you can expect maintenance to include one or more or the following services: