Travertine is a known for its durability and versatility. It can be used in kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms, living quarters, etc., as well as outdoor areas. Because travertine is often used for more high traffic areas it can sometimes become cracked, chipped, or have holes open up over time. Although this may seem irreparable to a homeowner, do not fear, Fuller Stone Care can repair most cracks or epoxy fill holes in your travertine. Repairing and refinishing your travertine stone is much more affordable then having to replace it and we are dedicated to saving you money and bringing your stone back to life even though the damage may look severe.
Aside from cracks or chips, your stone can also become faded, etched, or stained. Preventive care such as sealing travertine and always wiping up spills right away is important in fighting against staining. However, if your travertine has come in contact with acidic household goods such as soft drinks, juice, lemons, oranges or wine that has left behind an etch mark it may be time to call a professional to assist you in removing the stain. Trying to remove a persistent stain on your own can become frustrating so it is important to remember these recommended practices for travertine stone care.
– Use coasters under glasses
– Use mats under hot dishes
– Use dust mop or swifter regularly
– Do clean up spills right away
– Educate your family on properly maintaining your travertine surfaces
– Do NOT use cleaners that contain acid such as bathroom or grout cleaners
– Do NOT use vinegar, bleach, or ammonia
– Do NOT use abrasive cleaners such as dry or soft cleansers
– Do NOT use alkaline cleaners not specifically formulated for stone
Taking as many precautionary measures as possible to protect your travertine is the best route to take, but here at Fuller Stone Care, we understand that accidents do happen and we are here to help. Feel free to call us today for a free estimate at (310) 944-9099 or (714) 374-9000.